Monday, July 11, 2011

As an active member of an NGO (Based in Nepal), usually I have to stay out and far from my home. My Mom is left behind me. This week when I was at home and was having my once in a lifetime siesta, my Mom started complaining about weekly shopping for groceries (Rice, Dals, etc.). She is a diabetic patient and our helping hand* just got married. Well, as you can understand I felt little guilt about it not to be able to help her on this as I am frequently travelling. So I promised her that I’ll sure do something about this problem and start searching in the internet as mostly I get good solutions from my excellent online social network. Guess what! I found the solution and I am so happy to share this information to you all. 


(I guess my MOM is all smiles too!)


I found some online grocery shops and noticed that the buyer needs to register, get username and password and put your residing address or the (Address Of Delivery) for the delivery, before starting the real shopping or ordering products and you can save your order history in the grocery Cart Page  too (It lasts around 3 hours). But for some of them you can use your Facebook a/c too to log in e.g. Futurebazaar.com, but it’s not a grocery selling portal. I am mentioning some of the grocery selling sites in India for you all, you can check and prefer accordingly your convenience. 

www.mylocalbazaar.com  To know more about my local bazaar you can check here too http://mylocalbazaar.com/wordpress/

www.yesbazaar.com  is an under construction site.


www.anytimegrocery.com  (It’s a website helping the buyers to purchase their grocery needs online (24x7) from their preferred quality Shops & Malls within Chennai.)



The one which caught my eyes was www.mylocalbazaar.com as I am residing in Kolkata and it’s easier for me to buy from the online grocery shop portal which operates in and around Kolkata city. I went through their website and saw their banner which proudly says “Free Home Delivery”. They have this option of annual membership, which may have its own privileges as I am just a common buyer so far. As per my experience I also noticed some benefits and disadvantages too of online grocery buying: 


Online grocery shopping Benefits:

You will never forget anything written on your list. (When you have to wait for your parent to come out of washroom, now and then.) 


You don't buy anything you don’t want to.
You don’t have to walk or stand in long lines.
Excellent for those who are sick or having a sick family member.

You don’t have to drive, saving money on petrol and time too.


Some portals are offering discount coupons and coupons codes too.

You don't have to carry heavy bags of grocery, the delivery man will bring everything into your home.


You can place the order from any place in the world and can pay Cash on delivery by a family member or can pay using your credit card. (This one is my favorite). 

Online stores often give their customers discounts for shopping online.

Online grocery shopping Drawbacks:


From my point of view there’s only one big drawback that buyer cannot buy or order only one or two products. Other drawbacks if any can be easily ignored.  


There’s one site which I want to introduce to all my readers because of its exclusive perception. It’s www.greenytails.com . This website gives opportunity to the buyer as well as to the sellers too. This means there’s no presence of any middleman between the consumer and the producer or the company. This kind of transaction can allow the buyers to buy any product in a cheaper rate and let the farmers or the producers to get more profit.


So friends, go online and start buying and enjoying at the same time without any disturbances, laying on your couch and sipping your favorite drink. WINK

* helping hands means my maid servant.







No comments:

Post a Comment